Our favorite Easter treat is SO simple to make I had to share it!
When I was a child, we made and loved them and so of course the tradition began.
You find these every Easter at our house (but not for very long)
It's as easy as 1,2,3
1.Post Shredded Wheat (the BIG kind)
2. Chocolate (I use milk chocolate)
3. Cadbury Mini Eggs
(My kids got the 'peeps' from our local store for entering a coloring competition)
So now you have the HUGE shopping list I better get on with the VERY complicated directions.
- Break up the shredded wheat (I do this while it is still in the wrapper)
- Melt the chocolate (use your favorite method - I did it today in the microwave as I was feeling lazy)
- Mix the chocolate and shredded wheat (I used 5 of the small packets out of 1 box and 2 bags of chocolate)
- Spoon the mixture on to wax paper or parchment paper (we made 56 nests) and quickly add the eggs - (while trying to prevent the
helpfulkids from eating them)
THAT IS IT.... just wait for them to harden.
AND ENJOY - THEY DON'T LAST LONG