Random Five Friday
1. I have spent the last 7 days in Mexico - kid less. It was awesome. My husband liked that I had the time to make sure he was reapplying his sunscreen for a change.
2. My kids spent a week with my sister and her family. My niece who normally homeschools by herself as she is the youngest thought it was awesome to have so many kids in the house during the week.
3. We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya the hotel was very nice. My parent's were a little shocked however because the last time they went it was not owned by Hard Rock and they were told there would not be many changes. There were a lot of changes - and not all for the better according to my Mom and Dad and a lot of other people we met during our stay. The 'Heaven' side of the hotel has been painted an AWFUL blue color, and was under major construction while we were there (luckily) we stayed on the Hacienda side which seemed a lot more suitable and less under construction. However they were working hard throughout the week we stayed and it was looking a lot better before we left. Now the food...I could do a whole post about the food. It was AMAZING.
4. We went on two awesome trips this week. Tulum, Mexico and Chichen Itza.
5. Our tour guide Eric Martinez was amazing. He has an amazing way of making the history of the Mayan people come alive. He is amazingly fluent (an excellent thing for non Spanish speakers like me). We got a huge sense of his love and enthusiasm. Eric was obviously knowledgeable, he owns his own tour company Lamanite Destination Services. If I ever get back to the Yukatan I will definitely be calling him.
Pop over to The Pebble Pond to check out some more Random 5.
©2011-2013 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com