We have just completed our first experiment.
Boo placed 2 peeled apples in bowls and covered one with Baking Soda and salt.
We left it for one week and today was our check it out day.
The apple left on our side just looks dryed out - no mold anywhere. I have seen others that were covered in mold. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
Our apple covered in baking soda and salt is mummified, but in fact looks worse that the other.
I hope we eventually get better at this science thing.