Wow that month went fast!
I can't believe it is the 5th again. I have had a great month with birthdays and Halloween fun. My previous post for today was a reminder of Guy Fawkes and November the 5th. I wouldn't mind having a huge bonfire tonight it's a lot warming (and dryer) than most November 5th celebration I can remember as a child. One year my husband and I went to Alton Towers for November 5th as they had a special firework event. It was so foggy and rainy we didn't see a single firework. Watching fireworks in July is turning into a more pleasant experience.
I digress and need to get on to my top 5 blog posts for the month...(don't forget to check out the pinterest board)
1. I don't know about you but I am always in a hurry. This month I found a new recipe that I love - in fact hubby loves it too so that's alway good. One hour bread I found this over at La Fuji Mama her website is definitely worth a look. This one hour bread recipe is easy and quick and gets five stars from our house!
2. Food must have been on my mind this month - because my second post is also a food one. My kids have starting USA swimming and my daughter's swim meets start early. In fact we are having to leave the house sometimes at 5:15am. This makes for a very early breakfast. My kids have loved these Nutella Banana Oat Muffins in fact I will be making them again Friday. A long with my homemade pizza - what can I say - we hate packing sandwiches, cold pizza is SO much nicer. The bananas make these 'healthy' right :)
3. I think we need to try and be 'exact'. Sometimes I think sloppiness is accepted more than it should be. I want my children to try their best but also be OK if their best is not perfect - does that make sense? I came across this blog post by To the Moon and Back and really liked the concept!
4. For the past few years we have been trying to implement the 4 gift rule. I am notorious for saying 'wow that's perfect!' or 'just one more thing'. This year hubby and I have decided that we are are going to do it this year. Then I saw this post from Only Passionate Curiosity about how she sticks to the 4 present rule and keeps her Christmas on a budget!
5. I am always on the look out for new books for my older two to read. Honestly this week at the library I actually said no to a book. I mean really how many times can you read one book. It's not like they read the same book all the time, it's just that they read all the time...and if I'm not ready to suggest a new one quick enough the go back to a favorite. Jam has read Harry Potter nearly 5 times since the 2nd grade. So when I came across this post 10 Living History Books for Teen Girls by So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler. I decided it would give me a few to suggest to Boo at least. Although she has already read some of them. Now I'm looking for a similar list for Jam!
Come back next month for my December picks!
©2011-2014 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com
We have been playing a new game called Unauthorized by Chara Games . It's made for 6-12 players but we played it with 5 (one person...
Over Christmas I was sent some pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract and Pure Raspberry Ketones to try from Summit Nutrition's. Here...
I have been a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew for quite a few years now. It's a main part of my homeschooling life and I love i...
Every since I started homeschooling two years ago one company name has been suggested to me over and over by fellow home schooler'...