1. The weather has stayed nice but I think the September storms have finally started. We had a tornado threat but it didn't come any closer than 30 miles. Phew...I hate tornadoes.
2. Jam has started cycling with his Dad at the weekend. It's fun to see them go off together in their Lycra cycling gear. I will have to snap a picture one of these days. Funny thing you would think he would want his sleep as he gets up at 5:15 am every morning for Seminary. Yet up they will get at the crack of dawn on a Saturday to go out.
3. I went to my sisters last weekend and helped her with her garage sale. It was such fun. I took a car load of stuff up to sell and managed to come home with very little. In fact I had some of Captain's clothes on a table and sold the lot for $5 because we wanted to close up for lunch. I've decided it is much more fun doing a garage sale with someone else!
4. Jam is learning by the school of hard knocks as they say... the first week he went riding with his Dad he came off his bike on gravel. Rule learned - don't break hard on gravel. Last week when they went riding with my brother in law he came off again and nearly ended up in the river. Don't break in mud. Hopefully he won't come off much more. So far only a few bruises.
5. For the last few weeks Captain has been reviewing a really cool sensory seat called a Wiggle Seat he loves it. He said "It helps me wiggle on my seat" however it does keep him in his seat while we are working. It's plastic so it's easy to wipe clean and so he can use it even when eating. He was too big for his booster seat (in age and size) but this really helps him while sat at the table. Because it isn't fastened to the chair he can move it around when needed. I had to ban the older kids from sitting on it because they thought it was really cool too! Check out his video!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ©2011-2014 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com