1. We had an excellent day today. In September a group of local home school Mom's and myself formed a little home school trip group. There are 7 families with kids ranging in age from 13 to well a new baby on the way. Most of us have decided that COOPs are just too much commitment. However field trips are always more fun in groups. So September we went to the State Capital, October a famous graveyard and today a Alpaca Rescue.
2. The Alpaca Rescue we visited was really cool! The kids had a great time running around with all the animals. They have more than Alpaca's but every animal/bird on the property has been rescued.
3. Actually not just the animals have been rescued. I watched their video on YouTube and it tells their story that led them to adoption. So their story starts with rescuing children and themselves before leading onto Animals.
4. We learned SO much about Alpaca's and each of the Alpaca's had such a sad story. The Alpaca's had really cute names. The girls were all names after Gems/Jewels and the boys after Harley's. Jam thought that was cool!
5. You really need to check out their website and learn what they are trying to do. You can click here to learn more about OSA. They have their own webstore all of their products are home grown Alpaca! They also have a sponsorship program $20.00 will cover the cost of sponsoring an Alpaca for a whole year!
My kids came home raving about our trip today. My husband was quite entertained with their stories. It was definitely a perfect day!
See what's happening with some more random five over at the Pebble Pond.
©2011-2014 Chickensbunniesandhomeschool. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author Chickensbunniesandhomeschool.blogspot.com
Anyone who knows me knows that math is not my favorite subject! Any math questions from high school definitely get directed to my math-l...
Boo loves poetry. She recently found a poetry book I used to read when I was little. When she is not doing her school work she is wal...
We were fortunate to be able to review one of the awesome Heroes of History books from YWAM Publishing . Captain took ages which one w...
Jam wanted to study American History this year and so we were really pleased when we were offered a review from The Critical Thinking Co...